All the pain and suffering of an ultra, without the annoying change in scenery!
Dizzy Daze 12-hour
March 22, 2014
7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (check-in at 6 a.m.)
Dizzy Daze is held at beautiful Green Lake Park in Seattle, Wa. The race uses the outer running loop around the lake. Runners will travel counter-clockwise on the groomed dirt path. The total distance of the loop is 3.2 miles; you will run as many loops as you can (or want) during the 12 hours. Whoever runs the most laps within the 12-hour timeframe wins!
- There will be one fully stocked aid station with all the usual ultra-kibble: water, gels, sports drink, electrolyte caps, a selection of sweet and salty snacks and hot foods resembling pizza and soup later in the day.
- There will be an area for drop bags near the start/finish.
- Runners must display their bibs visibly on the front and must pass through the timing area every lap. Our timing “chips” are human, so treat them nicely and make sure they see your number.
- If you leave early, make sure to let the timers know. We don’t want to dredge the lake looking for you if you’re home.
- Pacers and other non-racers must stay out of the timing area and aid station so that racers can, you know… Race.
- Four-legged bandits must be leashed so that their owners do not wander.
- No booze. Sorry, but our permit doesn’t allow it.
- The park is open to other traffic. Avoid it. They have a right to be there too.
- In summary: Play nice and have fun!
More info and a map to the start under Where and When